I read an article on what percentage of people give up on their new year resolutions, and was a bit shocked. People start falling away from their goals fairly quickly! And only about 8% of the 40% who make resolutions or set goals, accomplish them in the first place. I want to be of the 8%! So where am I with my goals, just eleven weeks after I posted my goals?
"Growing stronger in Christ, living at peace with myself and others, loving & experiencing life with my children and growing closer to my husband..."
· The social media fast has certainly helped me grow stronger in Christ, as well as live in peace with myself and my family, as well as others.
· My children and I have had many precious moments, and the quality of our time together has improved already.
· My husband and I have had moments together, we didn’t anticipate, but appreciate. WE are looking at everything as a team and have many plans throughout the year to just have some US time.
If I really want to reach my other goals, I need to tighten the reigns on this area, again.
3. A daily goal to give my anxieties and concerns to God, and allow His Holy Spirit to bring me a peace that passes understanding when I begin to experience doubt, fear, concerns, etc.
I struggle with this. Again, on days where devotions are done in the morning, I am more apt to. I praise God for quickly moving me through skin cancer diagnosis. While it isn’t completely resolved yet, it will be. And He does provide comfort when my mind tried to run off into the ditch of what ifs…
4. A daily goal to get some form of exercise.
I feel pretty good about this. While not daily for the past eleven weeks, I have had a minimum of three
days up to six days per week. On rest days, I have learned to stretch or do yoga. So good work here!
5. A goal or theme for the year, that keeps recurring in my mind - BE REAL.
I think I have been MORE real, but I can be even more real….I think.
6. A goal for the year is to do a couple Spartan races and one figure competition. Specifically, the Spartan Indy Sprint in May, and the Spartan Chicago Super in September.
I am registered for both the Indy and Chicago races! Feeling wishy washy about the figure, but I am going to prep anyway.
7. A daily, weekly and goal for the year - step outside my comfort zone.
Since it isn't a wise idea to go to a tanning bed and I don't want to go on spring break stark mad white, I did a spray tan. It was quite the experience!
Past Blog Posts